"For anyone looking to maximise the size of their crop, we can't recommend Multi-Ducts highly enough"
Ditch the soil or coco with our Multi-Ducts and save yourself a small fortune!
They've been our best-seller since 1976 because the growth is so impressive.
HOW IT WORKS
In NFT grow systems nutrient solution is constantly pumped over bare roots and the run-off flows back into the reservoir.
Growth is fast, productive and healthy because there's no soil to restrict root access to the constantly available water, nutrients and oxygen.
If you've started seeds or cuttings in small pots, when you're ready to move the plants into the Multi-Duct just tip the plant out of the pot and place it straight into the Multi-Duct tray. No more hauling bags of media around!
If you've started in rockwool just place the rockwool block directly onto the Multi-Duct tray when you're ready to transplant.
Switch to NFT and you'll never switch back!
Why They are Great
Perfect for growers who want to:
- Use less media
- Grow tall plants in a low space – so need a low-level system
- Get used to one system and scale up to larger systems over time – available for up to 120 plants
|System||Size L x W x H cm||No. of Plants|
|MD100 50L||171 x 120||9|
|MD200 90L||171 x 120||9|
|MD300||342 x 120||18|
|MD601||196 x 118||6-8|
|MD602||392 x 118||12-16|
|MD603||196 x 212||12-16|
|MD604||392 x 212||24-32|
|MD801||251 x 118||10-12|
|MD802||502 x 118||20-24|
|MD803||251 x 211||20-24|
|MD804||502 x 211||40-48|
Hints and Tips
Ensure plants are well-rooted before they go into the system. The starter media should be covered in white roots.
- Spacing - as a rule of thumb 1 plant per square foot. This can be increased or decreased depending on plant variety.
- Leave the pump running constantly.
- Start plants in either
- 3” or 4” rockwool cubes
- 3” / 4” pots filled with soil or coco
- 3” net pots filled with clay.
- If using rockwool cubes completely remove plastic wrapping from the cubes.
- If moving from pots to the Gro-Tank remove the plants from the pots so the roots can access more oxygen.
- All but the smallest of plants will need additional support, i.e. yoyo’s or pea netting.
- Set the flow rate on the pump so that the nutrient solution moves over the spreader mat constantly, but not so much that the roots are submerged.
- Cut lengths of spreader mat long enough to allow an overhang of a few inches from the tray into the tank.
- Plants under lights will take up water at a faster rate than they take up nutrient which means the EC will rise over time. Top up the tank with half strength nutrient solution, check EC and add extra nutrient if required.
- Then adjust pH level and perform a solution change every 2-3 weeks to keep the pH and EC balanced.
For more helpful advice visit our NFT FAQ section
What our Retailers are Saying
Rotherham Hydroponics: "The NFT (GroTanks and Multi-Ducts) are our preferred method of growing and if you get the set up right the results are unrivalled."
Brit Crops: "At Brit Crops we regularly recommend NFT (GroTanks and Multi-Ducts) as the wide variety of sizes available means there’s an NFT system to suit every customer and every size or shape environment.
NFT systems are easy to set up, monitor and maintain, meaning growers of all ability and experience can quickly master the technique.
They require very little media resulting in minimal waste and reset expense without compromising yield or quality."
Greenfinger Hydroponics: "NFT (Grotanks and MultiDucts) are the best systems for me. I remember the first version was a fibre glass GT205 and that’s how I got into hydroponics. It was a revelation for me!"
North West Hydro: "NFT Grotanks and Multiducts are great systems as there is hardly any waste due to minimum media used, therefore bags of media don’t have to be dragged around. Also if you use it right you get more yield."
Hydroglo: "NFT (Grotanks and MultiDucts) are my favourite hydroponic systems because they are pure as they only use water and there’s no media wastage.
Plants grow the fastest in this system and get bigger yields and they are simple and easy to use and set up."
East London Hydro: "I love the NFT because it’s easy growth and provides great roots."
Gavsgrow: "NFT (Grotanks and MultiDucts) are my favourite systems as these low profile systems are easy to use. They also don’t have anywhere to leak!"